Saturday, October 1, 2011

SILENCE IS GOLDEN

Hello my friends…James returns today with a vengeance. Look forward to several postings very quickly…
Today I am in Tahiti…Yep..in the South Pacific…
AHHH Heaven !!..Warm breezes, golden sands and crystal clear waters.
I have been silent for some time now…too long actually..I have traveled far and wide and silence..so they say “is Golden”.. but for me it is also a demon I do not sleep well with.
Silence my friends. Makes my mind work in overdrive and I when that happens every speck of life is shown to me in absolute clarity.
Good and bad. Things we miss in day to day life as we rush through our normal everyday existence without a momentary silence for ourselves, come down the pipe line to me in screaming visions, whereby a single word can be plucked from the air and lead to a thousand more within the silence spaces between my ears.
World of silence is a noisy world inside my mind.
Yesterday it was an eight and half hour flight to Papeete, Tahiti and too many movies on the inflight entertainment which I had already watched that brought about this accumulation of silence. I had also slept during the hours leading up to my departure from LA , something I rarely do prior to flights, this time.. relaxation won the fight, sleep the prize, a long flight of silence and solitude the reward.
So what has this silence brought about…
Well !! the ultimate current question…something that really never dawned upon me before on a global scale.. and here it is.
And it comes off the back of the last column on needs , wants and challenges..
but I have thought more about it and in the context of my own life and some of human history….here is that question!
What if… what we want is really the one thing we should never have desired at all ?
What if its all a con? Or a test ?
You see I’m a lover.. A lover of Science Fiction for one…I and many millions of people on the planet would love to see our attempts for alien communication come to fruition. We want to find ET and know that we are not alone in this universe. But what if ET is not friendly? What if there are multiple species also looking for us only to wipe us out upon their success? What if a single microbe from another planet wipes us out through disease or infection?
I am also a lover of women…so far they have all broken my heart. Some more than others. One in particular, written about at length truly shattered it with her heartlessness and self importance?.I wanted the relationship so bad I let her into the depths of my soul, she trod on my dignity and my self respect and taught me many lessons that will stay with me for the remainder of my days!
I love food too…but that has lead to pounds and kilos I could well do without.
What if we want a new job as we have staled in the last, only to find that the new job offers the same boredoms or complications. The grass is NOT always  greener on the other side of the fence.
I love the stock market and I recently got insatiably caught up on a sure bet. I wanted to prove the market wrong on something I was certain, as where others . It was going to change our futures from tomorrow onward.. Yesterday there was an announcement of an SEC investigation into our stock and as they say..that was the end of that.. A sure thing, simply became a sure loss!
So perhaps “wants” are the desires of the devil.
What we want…is really what we should turn quickly away from and run as fast as we can. Perhaps the “needs” are the only things we should cherish.
Love comes in numerous forms, I have highlighted a few above.
But is love a need or a want. Do we need love for survival or do we want it, only for our own self gratification, our selfishness of not wanting to live alone or do we need it for survival.
Seems to me, that with such an explosive overpopulation on our tiny planet, troubles feeding the masses, wars, corruption and the survival of our own species is going to soon bring everything into question for us all on this subject.
Perhaps the only thing I should love from now on is the silence…it brings clarity and questions and silence means being far from the madding crowds…a bit like right now…sitting on the soft white sands of Papeete, Tahiti, with the crystal clear waters lapping my toes as I write this.
Silence abounds, well except for a few gulls and an albatross or two.
Anyway silence may not be golden, but these beaches sure are, I’m off the swim in this idyllic paradise and contemplate some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment