Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Truth Does Not Always Set You Free !!!!


A colleague stated today that “I am stupid when it comes to love.”
Funny that she is closing in on 30 and still has the same issues as the majority of us, and is single.
If there is a singular topic that could be endlessly debated amongst people more devisive than religion, politics or sex, I truly believe it would be the issue of “Love.”
“Love” is to everyone person, something completely different.
As I have learnt, just because you love someone and are injected with a passion of a thousand suns for them, just because you can not breathe when they are not with you, just because when you are with them the world feels whole, complete and at peace, unless the other person feels the same, it means nothing toward the chance of a relationship.
I was also told that I “cheapen the word, "Love" because I use it too easily,”
I do not agree.
I am 40 years old, am widely traveled, have enjoyed two successful careers in two vastly different areas and am comfortable in life. The way I see “Love” is that if I feel it, I should say it.
That simple! 
I will not psycho analyse the hell out the situation. I feel love, I feel loved therefore I say I love you.
If that just happens to be the second time I’ve met you then you know what, how about you trust that at 40 I’m actually in tune with my self, my soul and my body and believe the words that I speak.
These blogs where never set up to discuss the trivialities of my love life. 
Even I’m bored about the whole subject. 
What gets me hot is the fact that others see me as crazy, see me as being impetuous, as ruining the word love.
Seriously! You who question me, have never stood in the shoes from whence I see!
You do not know the heart ache and heart break I have endured and you have not endured the life and times that I have, never known the speed at which life can be extinguished leaving you to wish you had said more, faster.
What I learnt from this whole exercise is that we truly are different and unique individuals. 
That love is a fickle topic. 
Just because one person feels love for another, does not mean that happily ever after will ensue.
But what it has shown me even more so, is that even when you speak the truth and plead with another that what you know you are saying is exactly how you feel, well, unless the other person is open minded and can allow themselves to see the world through your eyes, it does not matter, they will still not believe you.
I am starting to see now how someone could be mis-judged guilty when actually innocent of a crime.
The Truth does not always set you free !!! 
It may make you feel better inside about yourself, but it does not mean you will be believed.

I always thought that most people did not like me because I spoke the truth and the truth is not what they wanted to hear all the time. 
Living in denial is easier and less hurt ful.
But this whole “Love” scenario of recent weeks has shown me that even as I have pleaded my case to another, I can see in her eyes that she has already made up her mind that I not telling the truth.
She has based my answers and her expectations on pre-conceived notions of who and what I am. 
I am a writer, therefore the words are fictional flowery and perfect all the time.
I love too easily - thus I lie.
The fact is, she is blinded by her past and the actions of previous boyfriends.
I am superfluous to the whole tale. 
It would not matter who I was in this instance, she was never ever going to believe anyone who told her they loved her.
I am the poor participant in a tragedy due to other people’s lies and hurtful ways toward her.
And so what does this teach me?
Well for one, it teaches me to give up on the notion of love. Way too much time and money is wasted on trying to meet the right person, because even when I have met her, she may not believe me!! Mon Dieu!!
And secondly, it teaches me to never stop telling the truth.
This whole situation is because of other peoples previous lies, which makes her not believe me even though I plead and speak the truth.
If we all spoke the truth, if we all taught children to never lie nor to hurt another with vicious words, then the world would indeed be a better place, where love could be felt, could to told and could be believed by us all.
I think I just fell in love with the “truth”.

4 comments:

  1. You talk of a world that is black & white. It feels idealistic and a little impossible. This post of yours reminds me of a movie called "Invention of lying". Makes perfect sense in this context- the movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we should continue the cycle and never dream of an idealistic world. Remember Martin Luther king...I have a dream !
    We so does James Claire, I have a Dream... where people CAN trust the words of another, Can believe the word love and IT (Love) always lasts forever. Ideallistic yes, but let a little boy dream, please !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The notion of love had always been a frail concept for me. Perhaps, time will teach.

    ReplyDelete