Thursday, September 8, 2011

Living In Wysteria Lane !


Perfection !!
Ahhh such a delicious word… I’ve heard it a lot in my life…
Usually about food that I eat!!
But times they change and I awoke yesterday to find myself in a new homeland and perfection abounds.
I’m living in Santa Clarita California, a model community. The roads are wide and handle the traffic easily and smoothly, the transportation systems all work fluidly and on time, the grass is perfect height and groomed to , well, perfection! The flower pots are all aligned in a row and the streets are perfectly swept. There even seem to be a perfect balance between residential, industrial and commercial real estate. This place is absolutely perfect, to the eye!!
Yet sitting at breakfast this morning looking out upon perfection it felt strangely creepy and not real.
A new colleague at work, even asked me how I enjoyed living in “Wysteria Lane” .
He had noted it too!!
To me it feels and looks more like a Hollywood back lot, perhaps that’s the idea, Hollywood is after all only 40 minutes drive away.
You see , in my mind, whilst living in this idealized perfection looks and feels kind of great I’m wise enough to realize that perfection without flaws is just a fantasy.
It is definitely not reality.
Don’t get me wrong, a lot of people have flocked to this place. A few years back only 20,000 people lived here, now over 200,000 people live here. It is idyllic. Kudos to the architects, town planners, city designers and visionaries who conceived the town centre.
And in all essence of this blog I’m not just talking about Santa Clarita, hey I work here, I can think of worse places to go to work every day, but what I’m getting at is as per usual,  loosely based around my love life.
You see for years I sought perfection… I thought I knew what I wanted and after 30 years of trying I’m happy to say I never found it . I fell far short of the mark for three decades.
Now I see it why!!
A beautiful young lady that I’m in love with , is perfect in my eyes today,  because she too has flaws. To me she is reality !!
Absolute reality... and that turns me on.
I can’t believe I missed this for so long. 
And yeh….before you get up in arms or offended by my comment that she has flaws, don’t get me wrong, I have 50 kg of flaws, and I admit them all. But the fact that when we are together neither of us actually notices the flaws tells me something. 
They say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and I believe it absolutely.
If you find the one you love and you find true happiness then you see past the flaws and see only the perfection within.
Perhaps “soul mates”, perhaps its just destiny, perhaps love is blind, but I’d much rather live in this reality , than spend an eternity seeking the fantasy of perfection .
Perfection with flaws, in my eyes anyway, equates to the perfect relationship. To consider that perfection can be found without such, is to live in a dream world not even close to reality.
Albert Einstein and I would have been close friends, I’m assured of that, and in respect to the grand master of everything I donate the following mathematical theorum based upon the philosophy above.
A + X = Y
A equals Perfection plus X equalling flaws equate to Reality Y
whilst
A (Perfection) – X (Flaws) = Z (Fantasy)

As always, please feel free to comment and tell me I’m wrong. 
But while you do that, I’m going to write my friend, who I don’t call “Perfection” any longer, but my “Little Miss Gorgeous Reality”!!!

Eat , Pray and Love my friends !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment